The fifth annual WVU Men’s Basketball Alumni Game is officially underway at Joe Retton Arena. Check back here with the latest updates on the game!
- Blue gets the opening tip-off, and draw a quick foul. They are unable to convert.
- Jaysean Paige gets the scoring going first, putting the first five points of the game on the board.
- Blue gets out to a quick 18-11 lead before the first subs are made at the 4:34 mark.
- Herbie Brooks swishes his first shot of the game, a catch-and-shoot three-pointer from the wing. Crowd loves it.
- Da’Sean Butler puts a spin move on Jarrod West for the lay-in. Blue keeps their lead, now at 28-19.
- Designated walk-on Jason Scarlett is having a game, putting some points on the board for the white team. He gets an ovation as he’s subbed off.
- Blue take their lead to the break, 30-23.
- John Flowers (White) throws down the first dunk of the second quarter, and is quickly followed by Devin Williams (Blue) slamming one of his own.
- Nathan Adrian (Blue) puts 5 straight points on the board, one bucket coming off a fade-away in the paint and another by a corner three-pointer.
- Jaysean Paige (White) is heating up again! The former leading scorer for the Mountaineers has hit two straight threes with a dunk in between them.
- White is currently living above the rim — 8 of their last 11 points have come by way of a dunk.
- West lobs a big oop up to Juwan Staten (white) who emphatically throws it down. White leads 56-49.
- Despite heavy resistance from Devin Williams, Joe Alexander fights into the paint for two.
- Alexander slams two down in a row to put White up 62-51.
- White takes a 66-51 lead into halftime.
- Both teams come out firing, going shot-for-shot over each of their first three possessions.
- Juwan Staten throws two oops up for the White team, finished off by John Flowers and then Elijah Macon.
- Kevin Jones (Blue) has hit two three pointers in a row. White’s lead is now 78-64.
- Devin Williams (Blue) hits a corner three to bring his squad within 10 for the first time this half.
- Williams hits another from the same spot to bring them to within 8.
- White’s lead is now just at 4 after Kevin Jones gracefully puts a dunk in from the baseline.
- Jaysean Paige again gets the scoring rolling with a three-pointer for White, followed by another from Devin Williams for Blue.
- Blue now leads 107-103 after Da’Sean Butler hits a corner fade-away three-pointer.
- Williams again goes three-in-a-row from downtown, now putting Blue up 118-111.
- Truck Bryant (Blue) puts one in from deep with 3:30 to go. Blue leads 126-118.
- A flurry of three-pointers from White bring them back within a possession with about a minute to go.
- TIE BALL GAME! John Flowers steps back and makes the game-tying three pointer with a hand in his face. The score sits at 132-132.
- We’re headed to the first overtime in WVU Alumni Game history!
- Joe Alexander (White) makes the first bucket of overtime with a three-pointer.
- With the score in favor of White 138-137, the leaders need just two points, while Blue needs three for the victory.
- STATEN FOR THE WIN! Juwan pulls up from the elbow to