The West Virginia men’s basketball team will be making trips to both the Bahamas and the Big Apple in next year’s non-conference schedule, which was announced by Athletic Director Shane Lyons on Monday.
The Mountaineers will begin their season at home against Fairleigh Dickinson on Nov. 10, only the second meeting between the two programs in history, the first of which was a WVU win in 1977.
Three days later, the Mountaineers will renew the Backyard Brawl rivalry with Pitt at the WVU Coliseum for the fourth year in a row. WVU will look to extend their streak in the series to five games, after taking four straight wins from the Panthers dating back to 2012.
The Mountaineers will also host Stony Brook, Bowling Green, Robert Morris, Youngstown State and Miami (OH) at home throughout the non-conference slate.
Outside of Morgantown, West Virginia has a trip to the Bahamas for the Big Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis from Nov. 25-27 and one to Brooklyn for the Hall of Fame Invitational against Purdue on Dec. 13.
Still to be announced are the date, opponent and venue for WVU’s appearances in next season’s Big East-Big 12 Battle and the Big 12/SEC Challenge.
Here’s the non-conference schedule in full:
- Tuesday Nov. 10 Fairleigh Dickinson Morgantown, W.Va.
- Friday Nov. 13 Pitt Morgantown, W.Va.
- Tuesday Nov. 17 Stony Brook Morgantown, W.Va.
- Friday Nov. 20 Bowling Green Morgantown, W.Va.
- Wednesday Nov. 25 Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Thursday Nov. 26 Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Friday Nov. 27 Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Sat. or Sun. Dec. 5/6 Big East-Big 12 Battle TBA
- Wednesday Dec. 9 Robert Morris Morgantown, W.Va.
- Sunday Dec. 13 Purdue (Hall of Fame Invitational) Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Tuesday Dec. 22 Youngstown State Morgantown, W.Va.
- Tuesday Dec. 29 Miami University Morgantown, W.Va.
- Saturday Jan. 30 SEC/Big 12 Challenge TBA